Pages

02 March 2009

THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK MONDAY OFFERING



FOR TODAY ... 2 March 2009

Outside My Window...snow in the darkness

I am thinking...about a few friends who now live far away

I am thankful for...memories

From the kitchen...little fur just carried in a poop-sicle when she came through the back door - good and good for you!

I am wearing...huge old sweats and what used to be my favorite top ever to wear in public but is now so old it gets worn to bed - burgundy, longsleeved tee with hooks and eyes all the way up the front instead of buttons

I am creating...I am going...to bed here in a few...

I am reading...nearly to the end of alias grace - you know how you slow down reading when you get towards the end of an incredibly moving book, so that you can pretend that it will never end and that you won't have to come back from where it has taken you?

I am hoping...for nothing - i now understand what my grandfather was trying to teach me when he would quote Paul's words to me "for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content".

I am hearing...a snow plow

Around the house...did my favorite thing today - moved furniture around. i am weird - moving furniture is my passion - it drives my husband absolutely insane (but that is not the reason i do it ). it is genetic; i got it from my grandmother.

One of my favorite things...velvet curtains in doorways and archways - so very edgar allenpoe-ish.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: working on "just breathing"

Here is picture thought I am sharing...




1 comment:

domestic.blizz said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Great daybook entry. I so know what you mean when you near the end of a book and just don't want it to end as it was such a good read and had you captivated right until the end. That quote of your grandfathers is so true. I am always telling my son to be grateful for what he has instead of what he hasn't. That is hard in this day and age though when all the kids at school have all the latest gadgets with all the bells and whistles and you are made to feel left out if you don't. I have also been moving things around. Have been in Kyle's bedroom moving his bed and furniture around and he loves the new look and being able to sit back and relax as he reads and plays with his toys.

Have a great week.