Pages

01 March 2009

My First Love



frederic. chopin. frail. consumptive. pale. nervous. disheveled.

i must have been almost ten years old when my mother brought home the record album with his painted portrait on the jacket, and i knew that i would love no other as truly. that i could love no other as truly...my heart was gone from me, had taken flight across time and space. i could hear his voice, as clearly as i heard his music - i heard his voice through his music. i hear his voice, still, when i dim the lights, light the candles, cue up the recordings, and he plays on through the flesh and blood of the living, across time and space.


(please enjoy a few selections from chopin and his romantic contemporaries that i have added to accompany my written offerings. the player is at the very bottom of the page, should you like to browse, decrease/increase the volume, or, indeed, turn it off, if you are in need of silence in this world).


No comments: