Pages

14 April 2009

14 April "Tuesday Treasures"




Treasia over at Confessions of a Mid Life Trucker's Wife has devised the delightful "Tuesday Treasures" exercise. i am posting a picture of my mismatched tea cup and saucer; they make me smile! and i figured if i waited until i set up the perfect antique china, with the perfect antique tablecloth, with the perfect lighting, with the perfect...well, you get the picture - and, if i had waited for perfection, i would not have gotten this picture:




Photobucket

3 comments:

Melisa said...

I think the teacup is so pretty. I have always wanted to start a collection of teacups and saucers. I also was thinking about a collection of teapots, but it's just not something I can afford right now.

There's something so femanine and delicate about a teacup. Don't you think?

{{hugs}}

Treasia Stepp said...

What a pretty little mismatched set. I love it. thanks for playing along.

Bri Schaaf said...

How wonderful is this!
I have a cup and saucer from my grandmother's china that she received at her wedding 50+ years ago. I absolutely adore it. She used it so often that some of the pattern has been worn away!
I havent had the courage to use it, as I fear breaking it. Perhaps I will have some tea in it this year on her birthday in memory of her.
Thanks for sharing this! Its is a blessing to me!