Pages

27 February 2009

Wow, What a Week!

well, i was laid off yesterday, but i, surprisingly, am not upset. it is a strange feeling - not really numb, but almost like i had never had the job in the first place. like there is only today. and only the future. i also came away with my old friends - crazy, crazy girls! the Lord blessed us with a fair and reasonable severance package, which leaves me a few weeks to get re-combobulated before pounding the pavement. i believe my path to this career was shown to me by Heavenly Father, and i believe that He will guide my path away from this particular position. my line of work is quite flexible, and i am looking forward to investigating some work-at-home positions. also, this leaves me free to follow my dream of raising sled dogs in alaska - snuggly little boogers! of course, Mr. Shields is quite content where we are...

here are some pictures of the (non-sled) dogs - they are more boogers than snuggly though sometimes :-)



the peaceable kingdom - toby and abbey napping


toby's butt (hey, he figures if it is good enough for cassie...)


nellie abigail virginia (Little Fur)



bren loving on cassie (Big Fur)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your big white dog! What breed is he?
We currently have two Papillons, a small puppy and a 5yo rescue Papillon with an attitude.

Mrs. Shields said...

hi! toby is my "brother" - he, my dad, and my dad's two cats are staying with us for a while. toby is a great pyrenees (aka pyrenees mountain dog). he has very protective instincts, and also thinks we all need to be herded LOL. he weighs about 120# and is so handsome (and he knows it!!). i love papillons, so beautiful (and ornery, too, huh?)